Follow by Email


The night before

I can’t say the last couple weeks have been good by no means.  Head aces, restless nights, moving a lot of dogs and stress at work, until last night when the drain just got to me. I had to run errands after work and with the time change it felt like it was 10 PM when I got home last night when in fact it was around 7PM. I stopped and picked up some fast food spaghetti and went home.  By the time we had groceries put away and sat down to eat I was just not up to it so I put my food in the micro wave to be eaten later and went down stairs put some laundry in and sat down to the computer.  I drank my coffee and went through my e-mails not really into it at all and feeling just plain bad. I put the dogs out put my jammies on and took a pill and crawled into bed and was tucked in along with the dogs before 8:30 PM. Now that is about the last of my memory. I remember waking up in the middle of the night to a beeping sound but rolled over and went back to sleep. Again I woke sometime later to the same sound. I through the blankets back and sat up to check it out and it stopped, I pulled the blankets back and went back to sleep. I got up in the morning again I hear the beeping sound but now it sound strange. As I am trying to get out of bed to see what it is I put my hand on the phone that is under me. I grab it and found it was on and beeping was letting me know if off the hook.  Well at that point it’s not only  off hook it is almost dead. I could not figure out why the dogs had dragged the thing into the bed but was glad they did not chew it.  The news has my total attention along with my coffee when my daughter asks me if this food is OK, “what food are you talking about?” I ask her. She pulled my dinner out of the microwave and I was mad at myself for going to bed and leaving it out. I forgot it when I went to bed so early I can’t believe I did that.” I wanted to eat it at lunch today,” I said, as she dumped into the trash.  I get to work and I get a phone call from my friend Donna. She asks me in a strange voice “do you remember our phone call last night?”  I said “ahhh  no, can you remind me what we talked about?” I have no idea what she is talking about and think she is pulling my leg. Now the laughter was loud as she explained to me the events of the night before.  She told me that one of the girls answered the phone and she heard her ask if I was sleeping and I told her no, and she gave me the phone.  I proceeded to tell her she caught me just in time as my pill was kicking in, big belly laugh came through the phone, and she said I fell asleep talking to her.  No way! I don’t have the slightest memory of her calling let alone falling to sleep during our conversation.  As we are both busting a gut laughing she said I mumbled something about sending some e-mail and then my mumbling fade off with mostly none sense and ended with a F you C K them at the end, leaving Donna to call out to me a few times with no answer so she told me good night and hung up.  Ok so my visuals have kicked in and now I understand why the phone was in bed with me and here I blamed it on the dogs. As I laughed I said so is this the first time someone fell asleep while you were talking to them?  Then the jokes started to fly between us and I had tears streaming down my face. My co-worker could not wait till I hung up to find out what the hell was going on.  I have chuckled over this most all day as I recall the last phone call because I have no memory of the first. 

No comments:

Post a Comment