2013/03/09

We can do it if we try.



Being in Rescue for a long time I have come to realize how many folks it takes to save one dog.  I think so many people just don't understand what is involved and the folks that do this work tirelessly. We all have a passion to do some thing and we all can get so involved with it  that we make each other nuts. But at the end of the day when we all pull together and save dogs it is worth all the stuff I deal with.  The front lines is a hard place to be. Bless the folks that go into these places and get the dogs and get them to safety. I personally find front line work to hard to do I can not sleep, it is one thing to know the bad stuff in the world but to witness it first hand and see the things these folks see is more than my soul can take. I have my strengths and weaknesses and front line I avoid so I am able to keep going. No one is a Saint. We all just need to look into our hearts and ask ourselves how we can give back to the world that we take from.  We will not all do the same things no one person can do it all and the smallest things done are just as important, it is all needed to bring humanity back. I personally speak from my work in dog rescue and fostering children. I can not sit on a phone and call hundreds of folks and paper work well I suck at that.  I am not organized and tend to procrastinate.  I have a potty mouth and I am sarcastic.  But what I am good at is I can drive across this country like I am going to the corner market. I can drop everything and jump in a car and go.  Now I do not do well with the sick dogs I have a very hard time nursing dogs. But I do well with the behavior issues. I know how to socialize a dog and work with fear issues. Not to say I can fix all of them but this is the area I am best at. All of this means that if I did not have the folks that can sit and monitor websites and work on them, organize and keep paper work straight, talk on the phone all day, working on getting dogs and coordinating foster homes getting dogs into rescue getting them vetted and to the homes that can help the dogs I could not do what I do. We need to be  marketing majors, pilots,drivers,nurses, vets, managers, photographers ,have people skills, politicians,phone work, working with other rescues and organization and coordinating it all, And most of all it is all volunteer. No one gets paid to do any of this. We do it to see dogs get a better way of life. Animals may not be everyone's passion but there is a big world out there and we all can do something. No matter how small it seems we need all of us to come together  to make humanity a  good thing and being human is a responsibility and not just a place in the food chain. It is not a birth right that we can take for granted. It a responsibility to make this world a better place. We need to leave the world a better place than when we entered it. Even if it is one animal,one child, one lost soul, or blade of grass.  Plant a tree, clear the snow for a neighbor, everything counts. But most of all we must all get a thick skin and realize that passion drives us in different directions and we need all of us to work together to get the job done. One missing piece and it brings it all to a screeching halt, Put your differences aside we are not all the same and personally what a boring place this would be if everyone was like me. Try to realize a better place we can have, for a few moments of biting our tongue learning how to work with others of different beliefs and passions. I encourage all to take a look inside themselves and find something good and do it. It is all needed.  I want to thank all the folks who have helped work together and make a difference in a few dogs lives and kids lives. You have put up with me and my faults worked tirelessly and may not here thank you's enough but know in your heart I need and appreciate all you do, To the friends around the world who support me and my endeavors you keep me going. To everyone who has touched my life Thank you because you have made me the person I am today.  My goal is to help and educate to make a dogs and child's life important and worth fighting for.

1 comment:

  1. Love this heartfelt and honest post! Thanks so much for all you do for the dogs and kids. :) <3

    ReplyDelete